jQuery

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Stuff I Bought at Fashion For Life 2012 - Part 2

I feel like I was going to say more actual stuff about the current Fashion For Life event itself, but I can't for the life of me remember what. Let's see, good cause, pretty builds, lots of nice clothes and stuff...nope, it's gone. Point is, you should like, go there or have gone there by now or go again. It's cool.

Ooh, I know!

Roskco Cobalt, who is responsible for building one of the sims, made this amazing guide to the event, on the Ruca Tease blog. The amount of work that's gone into these maps and such, I'm all sorts of impressed. Wish I'd seen that the first time I visited the event, I flew around for hours looking for one place that turned out wasn't even participating. Oops.

So here's another outfit made of stuff I bought there, anyway. The top is the Bindi top by Sn@tch. The dark colour pack is exclusive to FFL, but even after the fair is done, you can still get the same pretty top in light pastelly colours at the Sn@tch mainstore. My favourite thing about this top, is something I didn't actually capture in the pictures, it's that the back is fastened by 8 little round buttons, so dainty and delicate, I love it.
So, from an Indian-inspired top, to shorts from a store known best for Indian stuff, but a thing that isn't an Indian...thingy, but still a thing, which is a thing that Zaara does gorgeously. Because the shorts are from Zaara, and Zaara does shorts (and pants) gorgeously. Not just in the luscious butt-shading and the fact that they're not too low-riding, but in all the little textural details that make them nice to look at, like the gold braiding over the pockets, and the decorative stitching under the waistband.
The shoes are from Azoury and I'm evidently a sucker for this style of footwear, open-toed sandals with cute rolled-over socks. They were a total bargain, Fashion For Life vendor items, but cost only 70L$, so I was all like yoink. My only gripe with them is that the texture is Full-Bright, and they're No Mod. So at night, I have blindingly glowing feet. But aside from that, I adore these. I just have to make sure to only wear them in daytime!


Here's my obligatory headshot. I am, of course, wearing Mock makeup, This time, the eyemakeup is Gallifrey Green from the FFL gacha of doom, and the lipcolour is Mock's Falu Red Glace lipcolour, also only available at Fashion For Life.
The necklace is something I picked up on my second trip there, from Caroline's Jewelry, as is a key with a clock on it, which is adorable, and also includes a version with an actual working timepiece. It's available with black pearls, white ones, or sweet little pinky ones.

Credits:
Skin: Tres Blah - Blessa - Pale - Bardot
Hair: Exile - Bring It On! - Rouge
Top: Sn@tch - Bindi top - Moss
Shorts: Zaara - Denim Shorts - Red
Shoes: Azoury - Les Sandales Meli - Melo Kaki
Necklace: Caroline's Jewelry - Vintage Key Watch Necklace
Ears: Schadenfreude - Fey Ears - Widowed
Makeup:
Lips: Mock - Glace Lipcolour - Falu Red
Eyes: Mock - Gallifrey Green eShadow
Nails: Sexy Mamas - Geeks and Freaks manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment