jQuery

Friday, February 17, 2012

Weekly Rainbow Parts: Folly

Oh, Wikipedia. I've spent the better part of the last week working my way through Wikipedia's "Unusual Articles" project page (also, going to Disneyland Paris, but that's a different story). The point in my mentioning this, other than wanting to waste your time, is as follows: one of the first articles listed there is "Folly". "Buildings prized for their uselessness". Oh yes, I read the article! I now have a literally encyclopedic knowledge of the subject, and felt quite nerdishly prepared when it came up as this week's challenge on Luna Jubilee's 52 Weeks of Colour - Part Deux.

Except, um, obviously, that has nothing to do with the Wikipedia page that I'd read. So instead, I had to do something with some pinky-red. Or reddy pink. I was going with the former, and have I ever mentioned?

I don't do pink.

Then the group notice came through of a MINI-CHALLENGE!!!11, and that MINI-CHALLENGE!!!11 was to be all out-of-the-norm and such. For yourself, that is. And Iwaslike "Dude, I'm already wearing pink! zomg!" but then I figured I'd enter into the spirit of things, and I went blonde. My usual hair would clash with Folly horribly anyway. Except, I have a confession to make.

I'm a closet blonde. Not in person, oh my no. But....whenever a hair store offers a "mixed" shade pack that includes my shade of red, I'll always buy it rather than the reds pack, even if it costs a little more, so that I'll get a blonde or two. And then I try on the blonde hair in secret and giggle at how pretty I look, then quickly put the red on and hope nobody saw.

True story. Shameful true story.



I also don't do "sexy" with any great authority. So, here's my attempt at being generally a bit out of the Niv-box.

As part of my ongoing attempts to be a bit less of a librarian-looking thing, I've been buying quite a bit from Sakide, which in my opinion combines fairly original design with decent quality, and prices that don't make me sad in the face. Slutwear that I can enjoy is a rarity. The dress from there that I am wearing in the picture, however, is all black, quite lacking in Folly.
What I did have that I could remember loving was an old silentsparrow Limited Edition, called Rosenoir. The [x]noir series is one of my favourite ever suites from silentsparrow, partly because of the million ways it can be worn, and partly because of the gorgeous art-nouveau stained-glass looking corsets, all delicious in their bright jewel tones. It's one of the few things I can love in this sort of colour. So here's the Rosenoir corset, over the dress. Rosenoir is no longer available, but Rougenoir, the original, can be got and is just as lovely!

I'm still a cutie though, so I wore white ankle socks with my sexy pumps.

Credits:
Skin: Tres Blah - Blessa - Pale - Clean (blonde brows)
Hair: Elikatira - Parade - Blonde 2
Dress: Sakide - Essential Black Dress
Corset: silentsparrow - Rosenoir Corset
Socks: Sn@tch - Lolli Socks - White
Shoes: N-Core - Coquette - Pink
Ears: Schadenfreude -
Makeup:
Eyes: Mock - Fae-Rly UnCertain - Golushia
Lips: Mock - Into the Pink - Lucir Lipgloss
Nails: Sexy Mama's - Glitter Manicure


No comments:

Post a Comment