jQuery

Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekly Rainbow Parts - Champagne

Check me out, updating this thing on a 6-monthly basis whether it needs it or not!

So, in lieu of me actually being a competent/reliable blogger, I've decided to entertain myself with Luna Jubilee's funtastic 52 Weeks of Color - Part Deux challenge, for reasons that are as follows:

  • I'm bored.
Okay, that was less of a proper list than I had anticipated. The bulletpoint seems redundant now. Regardless, it stays! But yes. I'm terribly bored. As much as the title of this blog might suggest I've got a whole new lease of excitement and such in Second Life, it's really only partly accurate. I've been in quite the rut for some time, and this challenge (coupled with my new year's resolution to dress more slutty) gives me an excuse to buy stuff I perhaps wouldn't normally. Like, things that aren't black (or brown, grey...etc).
It also gives me a chance to work on my unimpressive Photoshop skillz - I learned everything I know from Katey Coppola's video tutorials which are just wonderful, and simple enough for even me to follow, but the downside is, they're simple enough for even me to follow. So I've been trying to expand my repertoire of styles and such. Yay me!

I decided to do this last week, so I've spent parts of the last 7 days dressing and taking pictures as if I mean it. A few of them, I'm even pretty proud of.

Week 1 had the colour theme of Champagne, fittingly, since the ACTUAL first week started at New Years, not the random date in February that I decided to pick the challenge up. 
A simple Inventory search for "Champagne" turned up a few results, but being raised on Closet Crisis, I wasn't going to be satisfied with just throwing those on and calling it done. I probably should have, later weeks turning out to not be so simple, but there we go. So having a Champagne base like a sexy cocktail, in the skirt and matching hairband from Miel, I searched my brains for something to go with it, Champagne being the first in a long line of colours I don't buy, and realizing I have pretty much one of everything from Silentsparrow, there was a fair chance that I'd have something appropriate from there. The mixture of jacket and cuffs from two vintage outfits provided the unique look I was hoping for, so, yay! 
My picture ended up rather darker than I would have liked or intended, and this seems to be a recurring theme with me, so in the end I've decided not to drive myself mad trying to get the EXACT right shade of anything, because because aside from matters of interpretation and whatevs, it'd limit my "boundless" creativity regarding photos. 

That and I'm lazy.

Credits
Skin: Tres Blah - Blessa - Pale - Clean
Hair: Alice Project -  Wonderland SE - Red
Jacket: silentsparrow - Ryou suit - dove
Cuffs: silentsparrow - Clair de Lune - fawn
Skirt: Miel - AM TULIP skirt - Champagne
Hairband: Miel - AM TULIP headband - Champagne
Makeup: Mock - Simpatico Eyeliner - Brown Black
Mock - Back to Basics Eyeshadow - Paarl
Mock - Red Hot Lipstain
Nails: Sexy Mama's - Manicure Sculpted Nails


No comments:

Post a Comment